Palmetto Bay, Florida
Type of Requirement: Zoning Ordinance
Department of Planning & Zoning
9705 East Hibiscus Street
Palmetto Bay, FL 33157
Maria Pineda, Community & Economic Development Director
Email Maria | 305.259.1276
The Code establishes that commercial developments with a total improvement or construction value exceeding two hundred and fifty thousand dollars ($250,000.00), excluding land and single residential units exceeding a project valuation of seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars ($750,000.00), are subject to a mandatory public art requirement. The following private developments are excluded from the requirement:
- Developments intended primarily to house one or more social service agency providers, affordable housing projects, or religious facilities;
- Reconstruction of structures which have been damaged by fire, flood, wind, or other calamity; and
- Single family residential improvements and original construction.
Projects may satisfy the requirement through any of the following options:
- Placing an approved artwork on site with a minimum value of one and a quarter percent (1.25%) of construction costs. Maintenance, conservation, and replacement of stolen artwork on private property is the responsibility of the site owner;
- Donating an artwork that has been approved by the board and Village Council with minimum value of one percent (1%) of the construction costs; or
- Contributing one percent (1%) of the project valuation, excluding land and off-site improvement costs, to the Public Art Fund.
“Old Seawall” by justenoughfocus is licensed under CC BY-NC 2.0.